Songs that make me give me hope/"lift me up"/make me happy.

Alternatively called "just songs that I really fucking like, OK, don't judge, thank you." 

Paramore- Hello Cold World
It's such a cold, cold world (hello, cold world)/ and I can't get out/ so I'll just make the best of everything I'll never have/ It's such a cold cold world (hello, cold world)/ and it's got me down/ but I'll get right back up/ as long as it spins around/ Hello, cold world! 
Found on musicandlyricss.tumblr.com
Florence + The Machine- You've Got The Love
Time after time I think "Oh Lord, what's the use?"/ Time after time I think it's just no good/ Cause sooner or later in life / the things you love you lose/ but you've got the love I need to see me through/ You've got the love. 
Found on favouritelittlelyrics.tumblr.com
Emma Blackery- The Promise
There's a whole world waiting for you/ It's hard to believe but it's true/ so just hold on for me, hold on for me/ cause I believe if you'll go I think my heart would break/ cause you are so beautiful/ I promise you this, I promise you this/ You are more than capable/ Just believe in yourself when nobody else is listening.
Couldn't find the author of this one, sorry!
Kate Nash- Do Wah Doo
I'll just read a book instead/ I don't care if we're just friends/ I can hang out with myself/ I'm old enough now to pretend/ I'll just read a book instead/ I know you think she's best/ I don't even think she cares/ I don't know what you see/ There's nothing there/ but I think she's a bitch. 
Found on typewrittenword.tumblr.com
The Kooks- She Moves In Her Own Way
So now you pour your heart out/ you're telling me you're far out/ You're not about to lie down for your cause/ but you don't pull my strings/ cause I'm a better man/ moving on to better things/ Well,uh oh, I love her because she moves in her own way/ Well, uh oh, she came to my show just to hear about my day. 
Found on magesticella.tumblr.com
Paramore- Still Into You
Some things just/ some things just make sense/ and one of those is you and I/ some things just/ some things just make sense to me/ and after all this time/ I'm into you/ Baby not a day goes by that I'm not into you. 
Found on lisahailey.tumblr.com
Noah And The Whale- Waiting For My Chance To Come
Cause it's hard to feel like you're worth something in this life/ while you're walking next to me/ I can feel my body speak/ we're just waiting for a chance to come/.../ and no one is gonna get in my way/ I'm gonna figure it out for myself / Cause I don't need nothing/ I'm just waiting for my chance to come. 
Found on wordsto-remember.tumblr.com

Snow Patrol- Chasing Cars
Forget what we're told/ before we get too old/ show me a garden that's bursting into life/ Let's waste time/ chasing cars around our heads/ I need your grace/ to remind me to find my own/.../ All that I am/ all that I ever was/ is here in your perfect eyes/ they're all I can see. 
Found on hipster-lyrics.tumblr.com
Kate Nash- Birds
Right, birds can fly so high/ and they can shit on your head/ and they can almost fly into your eye and make you feel so scared/ but when you look at them/ and you see that they're beautiful/ that's how I feel about you/ Yeah that's how I feel about you. 
Found on laurendj.tumblr.com
I shall see you guys soon,
xxx Katherine

2 comments:

  1. omg I love all of those songs this is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much darling! I saw your post the other day when you spoke on how low you felt and I just immediately thought of something that makes me happy and that was music, so I chose a few songs that make me happy in hope that it'll help some people that are going through the same thing as you! I really hope you're doing better now :) xxx

      Delete

© what the water gave me, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena