My favourites of this year!

This is going to be a long one, so bear with me.

OK, I have been a bit naughty this year when it comes to shopping... I won't say I've been good... I've been buying a lot of stuff that I didn't necessarily need, but they have proved to be amazing and totally worth every penny of my money and since 2013 is coming to a close, I thought I'd share them with you; there might be some that you've already seen and some that are new to you, so I hope you'll enjoy this and find something useful in here.

The first thing is nail varnishes. This year's been a bit of a breakthrough for me, because I have stopped biting my nails after about 12 solid years, so I felt really proud of myself. You can see why I treated myself to some varnishes.
My favourite company for nail cosmetics has got to be Essence; they have a huge variety of colours and they come in really big bottles and are very reasonably priced (well, if the cost of Borjouis and Essie nail varnishes is reasonably priced, these are probably worth one penny to you) and they are 1,70 for an 8 millilitre bottle, which by my opinion, is a total bargain.
I also started using their top-coats a lot more, because I noticed that the nail varnish chips off so much quicker and I thought I'd spare some more money and buy myself their gel-look top coat and it's amazing. I have nothing bad to say about it, apart from the fact that it's amazing.

Essence Colour & Go Nail Varnish in 114-Fame Fatal and Gel-Look Topcoat
The next two items are two skin-care thingies. First up, it's Garnier's Pure Active Energizing Scrub Gel. Before I continue talking about this item any further, let me just point out that it smells AMAZING and I just sniff the thing all the goddamn time.
You apply this every evening, scrub it around your face a bit and clear it off with warm water. It's really good at opening up all the pores and your skin feels really super soft after you use it and if you apply some moisturiser on afterwards... Your face will turn into a baby's bottom. I should point out that it's not so harsh on your skin, so your pores close up in about 24 hours, so you'll have to use it daily.
Also, if you use this in the morning, it also acts as a really good make-up base. Anyway, good quality, reasonably priced, large packaging, smells nice and there are a lot more things from the same collection with the same scent (I think there's a face mask and moisturiser as well) and it was a couple of euros off and you can't beat that can you?).
Then, I also got myself a Garnier Intensive Care Repairing Hand Cream. I have been repurchasing this throughout the whole year and let me tell you, it smells AMAZING (it reminds me of roses). This has all the qualities I look for in any kind of moisturiser; it smells amazing, it's beneficial for the skin and it sinks in really quickly and it's affordable. That's all I have to say for it, just buy it, you won't regret it!


Next, two things from Lush! I started watching more beauty bloggers this year (it's funny because I thought that they would kind of destroy my 125 IQ mark, but they're not that bad and they recommend good stuff and I am sometimes in need of good beauty stuff) and when I saw everyone rave about Lush, I couldn't help but get the fever myself.
First one is the Mint Julips lip peeling. I've already mentioned this on here; it smells amazing, your lips are nice and soft once they've got this thing on them and then if you pop your favourite lip balm on afterwards, you'll feel amazingly good (and the combo of this peeling and Burt's Bees beeswax lip balm with peppermint is AMAZING).
Then the second one is their Sweetie Pie shower jelly... and it's literary jelly. Its consistency does bother me a bit, because I find bits of the jelly all over my body the following morning after I used it, but it's beneficial for the skin; it's really soft and as an addition, you glitter a bit, which is nice and it beats your usual shower gel anytime.


Obviously, I couldn't help myself but go a bit mental over candles this winter. I bought myself some things from Yankee Candle and I obviously couldn't just go around and buy those really big candles because I'd probably spend more than 200 euros on them, but I did spend about 15 euros on their candle waxes.
They all smell freaking amazing and I just can't help but sniff them all the time. The ones that I bought are called River Valley, Macintosh Spice, Home Sweet Home, Paradise Spice, Mandarin Cranberry and Kitchen Spice and they are probably the best Christmas candles I've sniffed in a long while and are my absolute favourite Yankee Candles.
If you have the money to buy the big candles, then do, because they will last you probably a lot longer than those candle waxes of mine, but if you can't... we shall live with the pain of knowing that together.

The blue thing is what's left of River Valley and my Macintosh Spice is inside the candle, so I couldn't show it.
Also, I've been trying out a lot of different moisturisers throughout the whole season and there's one product that I haven't been disappointed by. It's Dove's Limited Edition Beauty Blossom Nourishing Body Lotion and it came out sometime in the spring and it was a limited edition, so I stocked up with about 7 bottles and they have discontinued it in October and I've got about a quarter of my last bottle left. It was a good moisturiser and it definitely made its way into my favourites list.


Next, my foundation and mascara, which I have mentioned in my last haul (Max Factor Clump Defy mascara and Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in 130 called Shell) and I'm really pleased with them and you've seen them already and I have nothing but good things to say about it; the foundation stays on and blends out really nicely and the mascara is freaking amazing, but I'll run out of it pretty soon, so any recommendations please? Just don't make me go bankrupt :)



OK, I think I'm done with the beauty related things this year, which are a lot more random, but I've been loving them loads through the whole year :)

First off, buying books. I think that I've bought myself 10 books this year in spaces of a few months, but I just have to say... I don't buy books, I adopt them. The ones that I got are An Abundance Of Katherines and The Fault In Our Stars by John Green, One Day by David Nichols, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, The Tales Of Beedle The Bard by Queen J.K. Rowling, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy, The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett and two more by some Slovenian authors which I don't think you'd know.
My favourite book of the year...is a tie between The Book Thief and The Fault In Our Stars.




Then, I became a fan of Marvel and for that I blame my roommate Klara. She writes fan-fiction on Darcy and Loki and when I read her fics, I had no idea what was it about, so she told me to understand the basics, I should watch Thor...and I did. Then we went to see Thor: The Dark World...and before that I saw The Avengers...then I watched all three Iron Man movies and I've got Captain America and The Hulk to watch... yeah...I GOT MYSELF INTO ANOTHER FANDOM OK, IT'S NOT GOOD FOR MY MENTAL HEALTH.
So I think I can say that my favourite film this year is Thor: The Dark World, because it was so amazingly well done and the acting was unbelievably good and I have nothing bad to say of it...and that guy made me cry in the theatre. Thank you.

Found on tumblr under the tag "thor the dark world"
Then, quite a few bands released some new albums this year, which was exciting, to say the least! I was super excited to hear Paramore's self-titled album and something from London Grammar, Tom Odell, Miles Kane, Franz Ferdinand (for the first time since 2009!), Arctic Monkeys, Bastille, Muse and of course, the Doctor Who season 7 soundtrack (which broke my heart and I cried like a baby AND IT WAS ONLY THE SOUNDTRACK).
I will admit, I was highly disappointed by the Arctic Monkeys album, because I expected better. In my opinion, AM is probably their worst album. It's not to say it's bad, it's just...they've done better, that's all I'm saying (and the lyrics are retarded. Let me be your vacuum cleaner? WHAT THE FUCK? Where is something like in a foreign place, the saving grace was the feeling that it was her heart that he was stealing?)
My favourite album of the year is probably Tom Odell's Long Way Down (please, ignore the NME critique, because it's not even logical and they talk more about Lady Gaga than the upcoming, unknown indie artists) and my favourite song is Still Into You by Paramore.


Found on rinalicious.tumblr.com
Found on lisahailey.tumblr.com
Both of my Tumblr blogs turned 2 years old this year! I thought I'd throw that one out... (*cough* what-thewater-gave-me and fuck-yeah-indie-music *cough*).

Accessories wise, I haven't actually got as many favourites to report about, apart from my new Rare Print Ray Ban sunglasses, which I adore with a passion, but I can't wear them much these days, because the sun doesn't come out. Anyway, they're Rare Print and in the inner side, they're white and have lots of cute little drawings of British things (either the London Eye or the guards at Buckingham Palace or something) and they're the cutest thing ever and I love them.

Also, I realised how amazing Twitter is. My friend Lari made me get one so we could be in touch a lot more (because she lives in Brazil and I live in Slovenia) and I also started following a lot of the YouTubers that I love to watch and some of them even favourited my tweets or replied to them, which is absolutely lovely and it made me so happy! Which YouTubers and other famous people favourited my tweets? Well, the first one was Dodie Clark (doddleoddle on YouTube), then there was Orla Gartland (musicmaaad on YouTube), Hazel Hayes (chewingsand), Sophie Wright (she's not a YouTuber, but an actress, check out My Mad Fat Diary, you'll find her there), Tom Law (tomlawmusic), Sarah-Grace Neal (sarahgrace1), Carrie from WishWishWish (wishwishwish.net) and the highlight was definitely Cherry Wallis (because she posted about how her light is flickering and saying there's a poltergeist in her room and I replied: "Maybe there's a weaping angel in your room" and got tons and tons of replies, favourites and retweets from other people, so thanks a lot Cherry!). So yeah... thanks to all those guys for making me fangirl the fuck out.
So, Twitter has to be my favourite social network this year.

Speaking on the topic of British stuff, I went to London in January for the first time in 7 years and I've been longing that trip since September 2012. I've dreaded that trip and I went there for 4 days with my best friend and (ooh, fun fact!) my report on that trip has been one of my first blog posts and you guys seem to like it because it's one of my most viewed blog posts, so thank you!
I also travelled to Prague about a month and a half back and I also did a report on that and I've had an amazing time as well...well, I was one of the four girls that went there, so that was hilarious.
But, no matter how much fun I've enjoyed as one of the four girls that went to Prague with 40 guys, I do admit that I've enjoyed London far more and it was my favourite trip of the year.

...and those were all my favourites this year. Granted, it's been a pretty mental one (I've transitioned from a school that I went to for the past 9 years and gone to a new one, which required an acceptance test and I passed it! I also didn't know anyone that went there, but I've got a bunch of new friends now, so that's cool) and I've also suffered from a lot of stress, but I made it.

I hope that the next year will be equally as amazing and as good as this one was or even better! Anyway, Happy Holidays and I'll see you soon!
xxx Katherine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© what the water gave me, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena