New Year's Resolutions

Found on 9gag.com
OK, I am not the person to do New Year's resolutions, since they aren't a big thing here in Slovenia and in my family, we believe that you don't need New Year as an excuse to get something done. If you want to quit your bad habits (like smoking and stuff), then for god's sakes, do it straight away and don't wait for months until New Year's day to set them.

I am not a big fan of the rules New Year's resolutions go by. Let's say that someone wanted to get fit and have a slimmer body or something like that. If you say you're planning on making that your New Year's resolution, then people just expect you will eat only veggies and fruit and water and just move around a lot and be active, which is all well and good (but you do need carbs and stuff like that as well, don't just kick them out of your diet). But as soon as they see you munching on a chocolate bar or something, bam, you're a failure because they thought you "committed" to eating nothing but healthy stuff (and everything is healthy as long as you don't eat too much of it).

So, if you do something that's against your New Year's resolution, you're a fucking failure and I hate that principle and that was partially the reason why I never did them, because you've got to try no matter what. It's OK to munch on a chocolate bar every once in a while as a treat for yourself and you shouldn't give up on what you were planning to do if you break it a little.

But this year I decided to do them to make myself feel a tiny bit better. I won't do them because someone forced me into them or anything like that, I want to do it. For myself and not for anyone else. I want to make my everyday life better.

First of all, I decided to say yes to more things. I'm the type of person that only says yes to things if I know that they don't involve drugs or alcohol or when I'm a 100% sure that I'll succeed in them. I don't mean to say that I'll get myself drunk and high as fuck (because I'm not that type of person), I just want to experience more things and go out with different people, get to know them and blah blah blah.

I want to keep up another thing that I've already achieved last year and that is optimism and smiling. So many people told me that I seem "attractive" (as a friend, not something else, jeez) to them. I seemed open, outgoing, extroverted person that was good to have a chat with and help them out and I want to keep that thing going.

Get better at physics. Seriously, I've gotten really good grades in the last few weeks at maths for my standards and I want to get better at physics, because that's the only subject I am not good at and it bothers me so badly.

I want to be in contact with old friends more often. Since we've all gone to high school, we don't see each other much and with me being an-hour-and-a-half's ride away from home, I get to see them even less and even though I definitely hated them at some point, it would be nice to see them again and just catch up a bit, see what they've been up to.

Next year, I want to live my life by something that Tom Hiddleston said, which I find to be way too bloody true. What's my guilty pleasure? The thing is... I don't feel guilty about pleasures. I want to live my life like that; doing things I want and not feel guilty about them. Eat a big Milka bar? I don't care, I love it. Have a marathon of 2 Broke Girls instead of revising? Fuck it! Having a One Direction moment where I listen to their songs a lot? ...maybe I should feel a bit bad. 

Of course, there are the traditional resolutions like get fit, become more confident and don't use your sass so much, but we all know that is a fucking bunch of shit that'll never happen, right? Although I really need to stop using my sass and sarcasm on other people, it's getting slightly out of hand...

Anyway, please do feel free to share some of your New Year's resolutions with me, and please, don't make them stereotypical bullshit like get fit and stuff like that. Make them original. Make them your own idea. Make them good.
I'll see you soon!
xxx Katherine

P.S. Thumbs up for the person that spots an Icona Pop reference (and I am not a fan, but I couldn't resist it).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© what the water gave me, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena