Songs that keep me positive!

This blog post is going to sound strange in the beginning, so please, bear with me. 

I've been told recently (by a cook in my student hall) that after 4 months of seeing me every day, multiple times per day (every time I come for my meal), I seem to be really optimistic and happy and just full of energy and that I smile every day and she just wanted to know, how the hell is that possible. 
First of all, I feel so angry and annoyed and stuff most of the time, I have no idea how the hell did I make it to be so happy all the time and I don't know if I just pulled it for the cooks because they work in my student hall from 5.30 in the morning to 8.30 in the evening. 
And second of all, I have found out a couple of things lately that really made me feel really sad and have hurt me, although I shouldn't feel hurt at all. 

But then I realised... music. There's a reason why I'm a musician, OK? It makes me so happy and this is the updated version of the blog post that I did a couple of months back, which you can see here

Kelly Clarkson- People Like Us
Hey, everybody loses it/ Everybody wants to throw it all away sometimes/And hey... yeah, I know what you're going through/Don't let it get the best of you, you'll make it out alive/.../We're all misfits living in a world on fire/.../Just wait, everything will be OK/Even when you feel like it's going down in flames/.../People like us, we've gotta stick together/Keep your head up, nothing lasts forever/.../ It's hard to get high when you're living on the bottom. 

Found on myfavouritesonglyrics.com

Carrie Hope Fletcher- Stronger (cover)
You think you got the best of me/Think you've had the last laugh/Bet you think everything good is gone/Think you've left me broken down/Think I'd come back running/Baby you don't know cause you're dead wrong/What doesn't kill you makes you stronger/Stand a little taller/Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone/ What doesn't kill you makes a fighter/Footsteps even lighter/Doesn't mean I'm over because you're gone. 


Found on weheartit.com under the tag "stronger"
Paramore- Last Hope
And the salt in my wounds isn't burning any less than it used to/it's not that I don't feel the pain, it's just I'm not afraid of hurting anymore/and the blood in these veins isn't pumping any less than it ever has/ and that's the hope I have, the only thing that's keeping my alive/.../ It's just a spark, but it's enough to keep me going (so if I let go of control now, I can be strong)/and when it's dark out, no one's around/ it keeps glowing. 



Found on weheartit.com under the tag "paramore last hope"
Matt and Kim- Daylight
We cut the legs off our pants, threw our shoes into the ocean/ Sit back and wave through the daylight/.../ I miss yellow lines in my roads/ Some colous on monochrome/ Maybe I can paint them myself/.../ And in the daylight we can hitchhike to Maine/ I hope that someday I'll see without these frames/ And in the daylight I don't pick up my phone/ Because in the daylight anywhere feels like home.


Found on weheartit.com under the tag "matt and kim daylight"
Mumm-ra- She's Got You High
She's got you high and you don't even know yet/.../ The sun's in the sky, it's warming up your bare legs/ You can't deny you're looking for the sunset/ What's this about? I figured love would shine through/ We've lost romance, this world's turned so see through/ Open your mind, believe it's going to come to you/ Romance alive and hope she's gonna tell you/ She's got you high and you don't even know yet/.../ The sun's in the sky, it makes for happy endings/ and you can't deny, you want  a happy ending.


Found on weheartit.com under the tag "500 days of summer"
Two Door Cinema Club- This Is The Life
Feel something right and feel something good/ Because if one thing works, you might know it's true/ Cause if this is the life, then who'd argue?/ One year, five days and we're starting new/ It's one more thing to do/ Cause if this is the life, then who'd argue?


Found on weheartit.com under the tag "two door cinema club this is the life"

I shall see you soon,
xxx Katherine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© what the water gave me, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena