Katherine hauls no.4: Eyeshadows? Seriously?

Remember that lovely time in November when I said that my next haul will be me showing you my clothes that I recently bought? Well, I lied, I didn't get enough clothes. Instead, I got plenty beauty products, which I'm really excited to show you, because they are absolutely brilliant and they deserve some more recognition.

So, here we go!


I think there's a trend going on in my blog posts, I can't get through one without mentioning Lush. I became a hardcore fan last year, and when I saw Emma from Lazy Little Me do a video on their Valentine's collection, I couldn't stop myself.
Since I got a box of Lush goodies for Christmas with the one and only, Each Peach (and Two's A Pair) massage bar, they have kind of replaced moisturiser for me. They are really good for your skin, they smell amazing and you smell amazing for a long time after using it (in fact, my arms still smell of the massage bar I used yesterday).
So, I went to my local Lush shop and splashed out some money on their limited edition massage bar (well, not not anymore). I decided to get Tender Is The Night massage bar, because I heard a lot of good things about it. First of all, can we just appreciate the name? Like, seriously. F. Scott Fitzgerald and Blur? Oh god, you go Lush!
I heard that it's probably the best product in the new Valentine's collection and they're bringing it back as a regular product, which is super amazing and I love it. It smells like vanilla and it may not be the scent that everyone likes,  but I do, so I bought that for 8 euros and I can't wait to try it.
As Christmas is now officially over, Lush are doing a -50% thing for their Christmas specials, so I got myself the Rose Jam shower gel... it doesn't smell very Christmas-y, but it was brought out at the same time as other Christmas items, so I suppose it's a part of the collection. I paid 7 euros for a 250 millilitre bottle and to put it in some context, this is the amount of money I'd pay for a 100 millilitre bottle without the discount, so it was an absolute steal. When I used it, it's like... OH GOD. You don't need to use much, it lathers up really well and it smells amazing! It does have this jammy texture, but I don't mind it, because I absolutely love it. My Lush shop ran out of them, so if your still has it, then get it...or wait for next year.


For some completely unknown reason, I invested some money into a red lipstick... ish. I really didn't need it (and I can't wear it, because I'm a flautist and while I play, I can't have anything on my lips), but I was in a bad mood and I had to get something to treat myself, besides toothpaste that I needed. I treated myself to a Bourjois Colour Boost lipstick in Red Island, which is this really gorgeous red with a bit of shimmer to it. I don't like the shades of the Colour Boost lipsticks, but this one and the deep plum one are so gorgeous and I had to hold myself from buying the Plum Russian shade.
As I mentioned in my wishlist post, I don't really suit bright pink, orange and nude shades, so I always go for the darker shades that I can find and these two are definitely the colours that would suit my year-round tanned skin.
I have nothing bad to say of it. It gives a lip gloss finish, although it's not sticky. It's very moisturising and it stays on for quite a long period of time, although it doesn't stay on for 10 hours, like the website says. The other thing that I like about it is that you can build the intensity of the colour. If you want just a splash of colour, then you just put one layer of the lipstick on, if you want more, then feel free to put more on.
It's a perfect lipstick for every day use and especially for those of us who are still in school (and shouldn't wear as much make up as we want to).

I'm expanding my make up collection and since the sales started like a month ago or something, the prices have really dropped on some things. Me and my sister are huge fans of beauty products that can't be purchased in Slovenia, which is kind of unfortunate. Anyway, we found out about this really good Slovenian website that provides make up products from brands such as MUA, Barry M, MeMeMe, Urban Decay (without the Naked palettes), Models Own etc. ... and the sale prices on the website were ridiculously cheap, so yeah. This is what I got.
First of all, thank you, Cherry Wallis, for making me buy the Barry M Wink Black Marker Pen for eyes. This is basically an eyeliner, but it's supposed to be easier somehow. I heard someone say that it's like "a freaking sharpie for your face" (guess who) I did some research and I found out that it's really good for beginners with eyeliners, which I certainly am and I can't wait to learn how to use it.

Also, my regular repurchase, Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm. I bought my first one in the beginning of October and it's taken four months to actually use one. It's the more expensive lip balm, but I love it far more than Maybelline's Baby Lips because it leaves my lips hydrated for a lot longer and I don't have to use it as much, meaning it goes a long way and I get my money's worth out of it. That and it smells like peppermint. I love it.

Another new thing on the block; the s-he lipliner. I bought the shade that matches the Bourjois Colour Boost, but it doesn't have a name, so I can't tell you much about it, apart from the fact that it does what a lipliner should do and the lipstick stays on much longer than without it. I like it.



Then, my pride and joy, the MUA Heaven and Earth palette. I have nothing bad to say of this thing; it has mostly nude shades for everyday usage in it. There's a highlight, something for your eyebrows and other lovely shades. I must add, they all have a slight shimmer to them, but they're not that bad and they're really pigmented and yes. It's absolutely amazing. The shades are gorgeous and they suit my skin perfectly. I might get a couple more of these palettes when the website has them on discount, because I think I might have fallen in love with MUA and their products. Can you blame me? I think not.


So, if I have an expensive palette, I have to use an eyeshadow base. Now, for this one, I didn't splash out too hard, because my wallet was begging for some time out, so I bought myself an Essence I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base. It applies as a lip gloss on your lids and then you spread it out with your finger. I'm not so happy with this purchase, because it was 2,5€ and it has a disgusting orange feel to it and I can't wear bright or white eyeshadows with it. I need a better primer than that and I won't be repurchasing this and I definitely don't recommend it.

Then one of my regular buys, it's the Garnier Self-Heating Zinc Face Mask. You get it in little testers like these and there's quite a lot of gel in it and it's supposed to be for only two treatments. I, however, split it into four treatments and it does the job as well.
Recently, I have become really aware of my horrid pores and I'm testing so many products to see which one is the best. This wins by a million. It's a blue face mask and you put it on after you've had a shower, wait for 3 minutes and then wash it off. (In the meantime, you can pretend to be the blue, frost giant version of Loki *wink*). It's very harsh on your skin, however, it does the job. It dries out your skin and the pores close up for a week and a half, I think (well, that's how it was with me). Like I said, it dries your skin and afterwards, you're going to need a lot of good moisturiser, but other than that, I have nothing bad to say of it.
During wintertime, I tend not to use this as much, but otherwise, I do and I definitely recommend that you get this, if you're as self-conscious of your pores as I am.


One more thing I became more aware of is also my dark under-eye circles. Like, I can't even stand them and I decided I have to do something about. I did some research on good concealers that you can get in Slovenia and the Revlon Colour Stay Concealer in Light Pale was one of them. I was a bit worried about getting this one, because it comes in a big variety of shades, but for some reasons, all the drug stores down here sell only two shades. I really hoped that one of the shades would fit me and thank god, the lighter did.
It has really good coverage and it blends out really nicely, so there's nothing bad to say about this one. I definitely recommend it if you need a new concealer. It's not the cheapest, it was 11 euros or something, but you don't use as much of it, it's only for spots and/or blemishes, so this will go a long way.


The one thing that I was able to get off my second, more beauty based wishlist, was another eyeshadow and I think you know which one I'm talking about... No, not the Naked pallets, but the Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo eyeshadow in On and On Bronze and in Pink Gold. It's a very highly pigmented shimmery bronzy/pinky colour and the best solution for a lazy day when you're not too bothered to put on much make up. The product itself is amazing and now I can totally see what all the fuss is about. I want to get the gold one, but for some fucking inexplicable reason, they don't sell them here, which is a bit crap, but OK. At a price of 5 euros, they're a freaking bargain and I recommend you get some if you want some new eyeshadows, because I do and I think I'll get some before they stop selling them.

A bit weird, but this blog post seems to have a theme and it's definitely eyeshadows. A woman in the shop was giving away old Max Factor stock that nobody wanted to buy and I decided that I shall have a peep at what she offered and this is what I decided to pick. It's an eyeshadow trio for a smokey eye, but I don't know which shade or which collection is it, so I can't tell you much. What I can tell you is that it has a shimmery white, slightly shimmery black and a silver colour. They are not as highly pigmented as any of the other products, but they are gorgeous shades and are great for independent usage, which is what I did and if they gave them out for free, then I'd be a lunatic if I didn't take it. The silver one made me feel like Elsa from Frozen for some inexplicable reason. OK, moving on!


The last product of this blog post is the Essence All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder, which prevents you from shining like you've swam in a pool of sweat, which is what you essentially did. Anyway, it's transparent and it fits all skin types, it blends into your skin, it doesn't add that annoying white feel to your skin and you don't look pale, so that's a plus. It wears off a bit quicker than its competitors on the market, but if you don't have PE on your schedule, you don't have to reapply it and it lasts through the day. It's not the best product of this kind, but it's a drugstore product and for 3 euros, it was a complete bargain and I figured: "Why not?"

That was all that I have bought through this month and I hope you liked it. It was more visually pleasing than my other blog posts, to say the least.
Anyway, I shall see you soon!
xxx Katherine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© what the water gave me, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena