Tag | Confessions of a blogger


Believe it or not, I actually like reading this sort of thing, so I decided to give it a go! My first ever blog post has been the 25 facts about me tag and since then, I haven't really shared much about myself and about what made me start up this blog, so I hope this illuminates some things about the girl behind the laptop :)

When did you start your blog?
My first blog post was published on the 29th of June 2013 (and I think I started it that very day), so if we do the maths, it's been over 7 months since I've started blogging seriously. 

Have you had any past presence before (other blog, YouTube...)?
Yep, I have had two Tumblr blogs (one personal and one on indie music) for about a year and a half before I started up this blog and I was on Polyvore and weheartit

Why did you start a blog?
I wanted my blog posts to be worth while and not get lost in between millions of photos and gifs and quotes and other whatnot. I've blogging on Tumblr for a while, but over there, it's just reblogging pictures and fangirling, while you couldn't share your opinions on a certain topic because nobody would read it or even get the chance to find it. I've been reading Carrie's blog and Louise's blog and while seeing everything they had to say either on travelling or beauty or anything, I figured "why not?". Also, I wanted to invest more time in producing good blog posts and share my opinion and you can't do that on Tumblr. So that's why I joined Blogger!

When did you become serious about starting a blog? 
I became serious about starting it the last two weeks of June 2013. I was travelling a lot at the time and I wanted to share these things and after posting my first blog post, I became a serious blogger. 

What has been your biggest challenge about blogging? 
Quite honestly, keeping my blog constant. At the beginning of my blogging "career", it was in the middle of the summer, so I updated it whenever I felt like it, but as the school year started (and I moved into a student's hall with horrendously slow internet connection), I had to figure out my blogging routine and set it for myself and be very strict with it. Well, that was the problem and the obvious writer's block. Sometimes I'm bursting with ideas and I need to write them down quickly and sometimes I can't think of anything. 

Where do you see your blog in one year?
Quite realistically, I have no idea. Probably with a little bigger audience and better content and layout.

What is the most rewarding thing to you about blogging?
I think that it's really rewarding when your "blogging crush" as I like to call it, compliments you on your blog and content. Then you know that you didn't waist your time on nothing and that people actually like it. 

What is the most discouraging thing that happens to you?
Looking at the follower counter. I am guilty of that, but at the end of the day I remind myself that some of my "followers" may not have a Blogger profile and can't follow me in the proper way, but do read every blog post I put up and also, I do it for fun, not just statistics. 

What's your lasting inspiration or motivation?
Reading other people's blog posts and looking out for events that are happening in the public. I always find some inspiration in that and it also motivates me pretty badly. 


I hope you've enjoyed reading my answers and I hope that you'll decide to put up this tag as well or maybe even start your own blog! I'd love to support some new and upcoming bloggers! 
Anyway, I'll see you soon!
xxx Katherine

3 comments:

  1. I AM IN LOVE WITH YOUR ROOM. ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT'S NOT EVEN THE WHOLE LOT! I should do a room tour in photos...

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES YOU SHOULD. ♡ (I will keep posting hearts on every comment until you do it.)

    ReplyDelete

© what the water gave me, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena