Tag | Wanderlust

If I want to do a tag, it has to be a really, really good one and the idea has to be original and never done before and when I found this tag on travelling (and with me being quite a traveller for my age), something just made me do it. I have no idea what, but this is probably the most original idea for a tag I've seen in a while.

What's your most treasured passport stamp?
I think I have to pass on this one, because in Slovenia, most of us have identity cards and not passports, so basically, you only hand in the card, they check if it's a fake or not and just let you through. I've never been to a place that has required a passport before, but I hope that'll change soon. 

Can you recite your passport number from memory if asked?
Hell no.

The thing in front of the Portuguese government building or something
....and this little fellow kept the accordion some company. 
Preferred method of travel; plane, car or train?
If I'm going somewhere overseas or quite a long distance away, I'd probably go with plane, because you get there a lot quicker, obviously, but I don't like planes, because I'm paranoid and I think the plane's going to crash at any moment (I'm weird like that). I've been on a few really, really great trips with our motor home, which is basically a car with a little "flat", so to speak, in the back. I'd say car and plane. 

Top 3 travel items? 
Besides the necessary, camera, at least three more SD cards and a couple of good books.

Musee d'Orsay, Paris
I don't need to tell you what this is, do I?
Hostel or hotel?
I'd say both, because I've been to some really, really good hostels (especially in England, Scotland and Ireland) and I can't say no to a hotel either.

Are you a repeat visitor or do you explore new places?
As a person who's been to Ireland four times, Scotland two, England two and France two times (I've been to other countries, don't worry), I do like to explore the same country in a lot more detail rather than just see the sights and that's it. All the countries I've been to are so bloody massive (in comparison to Slovenia) and I think they require a lot more time to explore. When I'll see all the countries I've been to in a lot more depth, I'll probably visit new ones, but for now, I'll continue being a repeat visitor. 

Ireland, god knows where (I was 8, OK?)
I think this was Galway, Ireland.
Do you read up on your destination (culture, history, safety) or do you wing it?
Me and my family have got a bit of an obsession with reading up on our destination online or in books. For every destination we've gone to, we've bought a Dorling Kindersley travel guide and they have everything you need in there, so they're an absolute must have for us. 

Favourite travel website?
I don't have a favourite travel website as such. I read other people's blog posts on the places they've been, but I never go to travel websites, because I think they don't show all the "jewels" of a country, only the highly popular tourist sights.


Old Prague city centre, Czech Republic
Where would you recommend a friend to visit? Name a city and why. 
This one is very bloody hard. First of all, London, just because it's London and it's bloody gorgeous and I love it and the spirit of the city is amazing and argh. I'd also recommend Stockholm, because it's gorgeous and it's very easy to get around (since everyone speaks English) and it's just beautiful. Also Lisbon, because Portugal is gorgeous and it's warm and the locals are so lovely and friendly and if you like the heat and warmth, then that's the place for you. 

You're leaving tomorrow, money is no option, where would you go?
(Can that actually happen in real life, please?) I'd probably go all Eat, Pray, Love on this and go on a trip around the world. I'd love to go to New York, explore Scandinavia in more depth, perhaps go to Australia and Indonesia and South America and all the European countries I haven't been to yet.

The National Gallery, London
Buckingham Palace, London
So, this was the Wanderlust tag. If you desire to make one of your own, then I suggest you do, because I love reading and watching these things and it's fun making one. I can't help myself but love an occasional tag, OK? 
I shall see you soon!
xxx Katherine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© what the water gave me, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena