Revision tips!


If I am not mistaken, May is usually the month when things go a bit crazy in school (at least, that's the case in Slovenia). I did a little bit of counting and it turns out, I have seven tests in the space of three weeks coming up this month, plus the flute and piano exams, which is craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy. I will have to put a lot of work into it, so thank god I've got a week off at the moment, before all the madness starts to really get ready for the exams, so revision will be a thing at the moment.
I know that revision is hard for some people; personally, I don't find it to be that difficult, because I memorise a lot of things as I go along and create little notes, but revision used to be a pain in the backside for my sister (when she was my age) and still is for my friends. Still, I do have some advise and tips for you and I hope this makes the month of may a bit easier and the exam season a bit less stressful.

1. Don't leave everything to the last second. 
Bit obvious, I know, but for the love of god, if you want a good grade and if you want to pass the exam, don't start studying the last darn second! Try to prepare for the exam at least a week in advance. If you can manage to study even more than a week beforehand, then great! But don't leave all the revision to the last day, because then, you're fucked.

2. Be strict with yourself (a.k.a. don't procrastinate)
I think it's very necessary to remove all sources of procrastination as far away from you as possible. Just, pile your stuff that you need for studying at your desk or anywhere you study and take all laptops, mobile phones and TV's or whatever into a different room, if it's necessary. Whatever you do, don't go to YouTube or Tumblr. Then you're doomed.

3. Set yourself a timetable. 
I think it's really good if you create one of this, because a) you will be more organised, b) you will be able to learn every subject for the same amount of time, without giving one too much attention and the other too little and c) your knowledge in all of the subjects will be the same. Plus, you'll look like you know what your doing (even if that's not the case).

4. Take breaks!
I know that taking breaks might not seem very appealing when you realise how much stuff you have to do and there's no time for breaks, but trust me, it's very vital. While you relax and take a break form revising, your brain storages all the information in your head and organises it from a mess into something that makes sense. How long should the breaks be? Well, I'd say if you've been studying for an hour, maybe take an hours' break, if you've been studying for half an hour, have half an hours' break etc. That way, your brain will really relax completely and it'll be much easier to study on after the break.

5. Reward yourself!
Whether is by eating a bit of chocolate, watching an episode of Doctor Who, rewatching some YouTube videos, whatever, just reward yourself, even if you didn't achieve everything you wanted to do that day. You still studied and trust me, the start is always the most difficult bit, then everything is pretty easy. Give yourself a pat on the shoulder and then enjoy yourself! :)


I think that might be it from me. I hope you'll do well in your exams or if you're already done with them, then I hope they went well :) I shall see you soon!
xxx Katherine

2 comments:

  1. I love the tips they are very helpful! :)

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! They're definitely helping me out a lot at the moment and I hope they will help everyone else as well! :)

    ReplyDelete

© what the water gave me, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena