Tag | Why Do You Wear Makeup?



OK, makeup is definitely a thing that needs to be discussed and not just in the beauty guru world. Some people just take it for granted that people who wear makeup (including men) must feel bad in their skin or hate some distinctive feature on their face and want to cover it up really badly. It's so not true. It can be, but that doesn't have to be the case. There are many more answers to why people wear makeup and these are mine. People just randomly say that I'm too young to wear makeup or that I don't need it, but in all honesty, your opinion doesn't influence on mine whatsoever (it can a bit, but it's not likely that it will change it). I just wanted to throw that out there.

1. When did you begin loving makeup?
I didn't love it from the very beginning, that's for sure. At first it seemed like so much effort for practically nothing (I wore foundation and mascara back then), but then I started watching YouTube videos and seeing the passion of all these people just... it gets to you. And when people started dropping comments that I look different in a good way, I started to appreciate what make up can give me and slowly, the relationship began. 

2. How do you feel without makeup?
I don't feel much different from the time that I do wear makeup, because I wear quite lightweight makeup and it feels like thin air on your skin, but I know that I look very drained out and tired and most of the time, that is definitely how I feel.



3. What do you like about makeup?
I like the creative side of make up; it's a form of art in itself, if you think about it. You can experiment so much with it, as long as you know what suits you/the person you're doing makeup for and that's one of the reasons I even started. I also like the opportunities that come with knowing how to do makeup (I spoke about this in my previous blog post, which you can see here).

4. Three holy grail items?
Concealer (at the moment, the Revlon ColorStay Concealer in 02 Light), eyeshadow palette (MUA Heaven And Earth palette) and mascara (Max Factor Clump Defy by False Lash Effect).


I started wearing makeup because I like the way it looks on my face and how it can change your complexion without making the: "Whoa, who the hell are you?" thing happen. I think it's a very good way to make yourself feel better (the dark circles underneath my eyes make me think that I'm horrible, but a bit of concealer makes all the difference) and just... it can improve body image of a person and there are days when I couldn't give a flying fuck about my look, but we all have our days when we feel insecure and it can make everything so much better.
This is definitely a topic that needs to be discussed and there are definitely so many answers to this question, so feel free to do this tag, because it's kind of different to the other tags floating around the internet and it's certainly something that needs to be discussed. 
I hope you've enjoyed this and I shall see you soon!
xxx Katherine

This explains this blog post in a very cute song. Give it a listen, because it's so true.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© what the water gave me, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena