I Heart: Lush

I thought I might start a new, quite fun series on my blog, titled "I Heart". Basically, it's going to be a series of blog posts that focuses on one brand and tells a bit about the background and at the end, I talk about four of my favourite products from that brand. I feel like four is a good number. It was originally going to be my whole collection at the end, but I don't have that much make up/cosmetics from one brand and the highest that I have is four, so yes. Four products at the end, wooo!
What better way to kick-start the series than with Lush, one of my all-time favourite brands for cosmetics?

The company's roots go way back to the 1970's, when Mark Constantine, the founder of Lush, made loads and loads of homemade bath and beauty products (such as shower gels and soaps). For a long time, they were the suppliers for the Body Shop until the company decided to go private and sell products under a completely new brand. (Apparently, *gossip alert* the Body Shop was so desperate that they paid six million pounds to get their recipes in order to continue their lines!)
The previously mentioned fellow, Mark Constantine and his wife, Mo, opened the first original Lush store in Poole, Dorset in 1994, firstly under the name Cosmetics To Go, but they adopted the new name in 1995 and changed it to Lush. To this date, they have over 830 shops in 51 countries all over the world.

The reason Lush is quite popular (I say quite... well, very) is because they are 100% cruelty free, they don't use animal fats, they use very little or almost no parabens and they try and use as many natrual ingredients as they can. Their products are made out of fruit and vegetables, lots of beeswax, honey and essential oils, meaning all the good things for your skin. However, if you're alergic, you should definitely read the label first, the products may contain some products you cannot use.

Although they sell lots and lots and lots of shampoos, conditioners, soaps, shower gels, hair and facial treatments, hand masks, body and hand lotions and very recently even make up, they are most well known for their bath bombs and bubble bars. They are the products you throw into your bath and it makes loads of bubbles, your water turns into a million different shades and they smell amazing.
(Although, if you're a big smeller of stuff, then you should know this; Lush products can smell like unicorns and rainbows... or unicorn's poop. You've been warned.)

Now, onto my favourite beauty products. The other day, I posted a picture of my Lush collection on my Instagram and I was rather surprised how freaking massive it had turned in the past year or so. I have quite a few items, but the following ones that I will mention are creme de la creme in my opinion and I'd definitely recommend them.



The first product that I freaking love from Lush is their Tea Tree Tonic. Basically, the idea with these tonics is that you wash your face with your regular cleanser and then spray a tonic all over your face and then put moisturiser on top. It prevents the appearance of pores and it closes them down and also, you don't get as many spots as before, which is quite nice. First of all, it smells amazing. I really like tea tree smell and I never thought that the combination with grapefruit would be any good, but it's amazing. It gives it that extra sour kick, which prevents more pores from occurring and stuff like that. It's pretty darn awesome. Second of all, it sinks into your skin so quickly and leaves it beautifully smooth and this underneath make up is just a dream, because make up looks so much natural and it sits nicely on top and it stick to your face a bit longer, so that's a plus. And third of all, its price. For the full sized bottle (250g), it's an absolute bargain at 9€ and it's Lush. Face products aren't exactly the cheapest. They have a smaller version for something less than 5€, but you know... I had birthday money, so I spent it on the big one. Anyway, I think this is a brilliant product and it will last absolutely ages and I'm really pleased I bought it!

The next one will come as no surprise to the regular readers of my blog, because I talk about this all the time and I think this is my third repurchase already. It's the Mint Julips Lip Scrub. Basically, their point is to exfoliate your lips and remove the dead skin cells on your lips. Since I've been using many more lipsticks recently, I've noticed that it looks horrible if I don't use this, so basically, your lipstick doesn't look cracked and gross. It smells of peppermint and chocolate and basically, you scrub your lips with it and then eat it... alongside the dead skin cells. For its size, it's a bit pricy at 7€ and there are loads more DIY versions of it, but I'm too lazy to make it myself and a little goes a long way with this one, so I get my money's worth back.


This product is probably one of my all-time favourites, because it's just amazing. I'm talking about the Tender Is The Night Massage Bar. It was first introduced in this years' Valentine's Day collection and then, it remained a permanent item in their collection. The point of these massage bars is moisturising; you just "wipe" the areas of your body that need moisturising and then it melts at your skin temperature. First of all, it smells amazing; Lush tends to get the smells of massage bars spot on, every single one is just perfect. This one smells of quite strong vanilla and violets. Then, your skin is moisturised for hours afterwards; they take a while to sink in, but once they do, your skin is so baby soft. The average price of these massage bars is somewhere from 6 to 9€ and I'm not at all sorry for giving my money for these bad boys, because these will easily last you three to four months (well, that's how long it took me to use up my Each Peach and it was only a half size one) and in combination with a liquid moisturiser, they work like a charm and I love them.

The last product is a Christmas limited edition shower gel (sorry, but they bring it out every year!) and it's the Rose Jam Shower Gel. This one is literary... jam. It's quite... jammy, why the hell am I even trying to explain it? It smells of very strong roses and lemons and it's not exactly a Christmas-y scent, but it's still pretty amazing. As with other products I've mentioned, a little goes a long way; you only need the tiniest amount of it, because it lathers up amazingly well and the scent really lingers and I absolutely love it. It was a limited edition, so for that I had to pay 9€ for the medium bottle, but I've used it quite a lot and I'm still not out of it; I have about three quarters of the bottle left, so I get my money's worth out of it it. What if I'll still have it by this years' Christmas? This should be fun.


Did you enjoy this kind of blog post? Please let me know, because I had loads of fun making it and I hope you liked reading it! I hope this benefited you in some way and I shall see you soon!
xxx Katherine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© what the water gave me, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena