Playlist | The Fault In Our Stars

Found on faultinourstarsmovie.tumblr.com
In honour of TFIOS being released this week, I thought I'd put together a playlist for that gorgeous book and without a doubt, a brilliant film. I don't think I've ever explained how much this book means to me; it was the first book I read in English and I think that I haven't read a book in Slovenian ever since then (apart from the obligatory reads for school). It was the first book that explained to me that YA literature can actually be good, in fact, brilliant. I think it might be the first film adaptation I'll actually love (besides Divergent, but these two have something in common).
If you haven't read the book yet (which I highly doubt), then I strongly urge you to read it, because it will change your view on so many things; teenage romance, what it's like to love at that age, how it's like surviving cancer and dealing with it, understanding it (even if it's just a vague representation of it) and how pretty much every guy you know in real life will never be anything like Augustus Waters.
Without further ado, let's cry together.
xxx Katherine

Found on sh4dows.tumblr.com
Sam Smith- Stay With Me (x)
Why am I so emotional? No it's not a good look. Gain some self control. Deep down I know this never works, but you can lay with me so it doesn't hurt. Oh won't you stay with me, 'cause you're all I need. This ain't love, it's clear to see, but darling, stay with me. 

OneRepublic- I Lived (x)
Hope that you fall in love and it hurts so bad. The only way you can know is give it all you have. And I hope that you don't suffer, but take the pain. Hope when the moment comes you'll say "I did it all." I owned every second that this world could give, saw so many places, the things that I did. Yeah, with every broken bone I'll say: "I lived." /.../ I wish that I could witness all your joy and all your pain, but until my moment comes, I'll say...

Bon Iver or Birdy- Skinny Love (x and x)
Come on skinny love just last the year, pour a little salt, we were never here. /.../ Tell my love to wreck it all, cut all of the ropes and let me fall. /.../ And I told you to be patient and I told you to be fine. I told you to be balanced and I told you to be kind. In the morning I'll be with you, but it will be a different kind, cause I'll be holding all the tickets and you'll be owning all the fines. /.../ And now all your love is waisted and who the hell was I? And I'm breaking at the britches at the ends of all your lines. 



London Grammar- Wasting My Young Years (x)
Don't you know that it's only fear? I wouldn't worry, you have all your life. I've heard it takes some time to get it right. I'm wasting my young years, it doesn't matter if I'm chasing old ideas. It doesn't matter if... baby, we are. 

Paramore- I Hate To See Your Heart Break (x)
There is not a single word in the whole world that could describe the hurt, the dullest knife just sawing back and forth
and ripping through the softest skin there ever was. How were you to know? Oh, how were you to know? 
And I, I hate to see your heart break, I hate to see your eyes get darker as they close, but I've been there before. /.../ For all the air that's in your lungs, for all the joy that is to come, for all the things that you're alive to feel, just let the pain remind you hearts can heal. Oh, how were you to know? 

White Lies- Unfinished Business (x)
I broke down in horror at you standing there, the glow from the moon shone through cracks in your hair.
I shouted with passion "I love you so much,", but feeling my skin, it was cold to the touch. You whispered "where are you?"I questioned your doubt, but soon realized you were talking to God now. /.../ 
I looked in the mirror, but something was wrong, I saw you behind, but my reflection was gone. There was smoke in the fireplace as white as the snow, a voice beckoned gently "Now it's time to go" A requiem played, as you begged for forgiveness. "Don't touch me!" I screamed
I've got unfinished business. You got blood on your hands and I know it's mine, I just need more time, so get of your low, let's dance like we used to! But there's a light in the distance, waiting for me and I will wait for you, so get of your low, let's kiss like we used to!



The Paper Kites- Bloom (x)
In the morning when I wake and the sun is coming through, oh, you fill my lungs with sweetness and you fill my head with you. Shall I write it in a letter? Shall I try to get it down? Oh, you fill my head with pieces of a song I can't get out. /.../Can I take it to a morning, where the fields are painted gold and the trees are filled with memories of the feelings never told? When the evening pulls the sun down, and the day is almost through,oh, the whole world it is sleeping, but my world is you. 

Ed Sheeran- All Of The Stars (x)
I can hear your heart on the radio beat. They're playing "Chasing Cars" and I thought of us back to the time, you were lying next to me. I looked across and fell in love, so I took your hand, back through lamp-lit streets and dew.
Everything led back to you, so can you see the stars over Amsterdam? Hear the song our heart is beating to? So open your eyes and see the way our horizons meet and all of the lights will leave into the night with me. And I know these scars will bleed but both of our hearts believe, all of these stars will guide us hom
e.


Birdy- Not About Angels (x)
We know full well there's just time, so is it wrong to toss this line? If your heart was full of love, could you give it up? 'Cause what about, what about angels? They will come, they will go, make us special. Don't give me up. /.../ How unfair, it's just our love. Found something real that's out of touch but if you'd searched the whole wide world, would you dare to let it go?

All of the previous pictures found on hazelgrace-lancaster-waters.tumblr.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© what the water gave me, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena