The Summer Book Challenge!

Original picture found on infobarrel.com, edited by me.
So... I'm done with school. I finished my first year of high school and I only have to go back on Tuesday to pick up some administrative stuff from the office and then my "Saturday till September 1st" begins. I have a couple of things planned out during the break; I'm going away with my best friend for one weekend in late July, I'm going away with my parents for two weeks on a beautiful island in Croatia in August (don't worry, loads of photos will come your way), I'm going to a seminar for flute in the beginning of July... but most of all, I want to read a lot.

During the year, I tend not to read a lot, because I am busy with school more than other students, I have no time and most of my free time, I'm sleeping, because I turn into an insomniac during the school year. I think it's not so good to put off reading for such a long period of time (although I will not put off buying books... oh no) and I need to make up for it.

So, I decided that from June 25th (the beginning of my holidays) to August 31st (the very end), I will read as many book as I can and give weekly updates somewhere during the weekend (what I'm currently reading, what I've read so far, etc.) and perhaps do book reviews of my favourites. The aim of this challenge is to read as many books as I possibly can (with either rereading old favourites or discovering new jewels) and I'm going to aim for 25 (keeping it realistic, you know, not to disappoint myself or anything).

You can join this thing or whatever, but there's no need to. It's just something I've set for myself and I would very much like to do it. My blog will be full of books this summer, so get ready.

Have a brilliant start of the holidays and I shall see you soon!
xxx Katherine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© what the water gave me, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena