SBC | The end.

Picture found on infobarrel.com, edited by me.

This summer, I had decided to set myself a little challenge... concerning books. I am generally quite a big reader in the summer, because I don't have much time year round, so in those two and a half months, I try and catch up on all the books that I've bought and also some new releases. This year was the first time that I've attempted to do such a challenge and my goal was to read 25 books, so if we do the maths, something less than 3 books per week... and I managed to do so. 

It has been a mix of classics, young-adult books, sci-fi, dystopian, criminal, adventure, cute and heartwarming books, so I think there was something for everyone on the list below, if you're looking for something to read.

This blog post is a round-up of all the books I've read since the 24th of June to the 31st of August. The bold ones are the ones I definitely think are a must read, the italic ones are recommendations if you've got a spare *insert how long it takes you to read a book*. (That doesn't mean that the non-bold and italic books are bad, I just think that the ones that have made the cut are really better than the others and deserve a lot more attention than they're getting, just to clarify.)

___________________________________________________

1. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

2. A Room With A View by E.M. Forster

3. Paper Towns by John Green

4. Across The Universe by Beth Revis

5. Divergent by Veronica Roth

6. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan

7. Playing With The Grown-Ups by Sophie Dahl

8. Insurgent by Veronica Roth

9. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

10. The Top Gear Years by Jeremy Clarkson

11. Allegiant by Veronica Roth

12. The Art Thief by Noah Charney

13. Persuasion by Jane Austen

14. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen

15. It's OK, I'm Wearing Really Big Knickers by Louise Rennison

16. The Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas

17. Labyrinth by Kate Mosse

18. Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys

19. The Secret Dinner by Javier Sierra

20. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

21. The Alchemist: A Graphic Novel by Paulo Coehlo

22. The Singing Stone by Orla Melling

23. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness

24. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke

25. Insatiable by Meg Cabot

26. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

27. Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer

28. Inkblood by Cornelia Funke

29. How To Be A Woman by Caitlin Moran
_______________________________________________________


And that was it. I will definitely make sure that I will repeat this challenge next year and perhaps set myself a higher goal (but that's ageeeeeeeees away, so I won't think about it for a long while). The end of this challenge doesn't mean that I won't blog about books anymore. If anything, it will mean blogging about them more, because procrastination. 
That being said, tomorrow is the beginning of school, so unfortunately, the mid-week posts won't be a thing anymore, because I won't have the time and my heart already aches at the thought of the horrendously slow wi-fi in my students' hall, so yeah... share my pain. However, I will post on the weekend, and I'll try to make the content really good. 
Anyway, if you're starting school like me, don't panic, because it'll be fine. I'll see you soon!
xxx Katherine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© what the water gave me, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena