SBC | Week 8

*if you have no idea what's going on, here's an explanation. 
*here's last weeks' update!

Artemis Fowl Eoin Colfer

The first book, that I actually forgot to mention in the previous update, was Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer and it's a reread. My friends have told me that the first book gets better with rereads, so I thought I'd put this theory to the test. It's about a 12-year-old boy, who is a criminal mastermind and all around genius from Ireland, who descends from a very old family of criminal masterminds, but after their empire had collapsed, Artemis seeks out a way to redeem their fortune by kidnapping a fairy and his adventure takes off.
I have already spoken about this book over here, but I wasn't too fond of it and I happened to have read it in English and this time, it's Slovenian. It's true; this books gets better with rereading and because it was in my mother tongue, I kind of understood some of the weird phrases that were just too much for me and I read this in about three hours, because it just flew. This time, I was really into it and I think I just fell in love with Holly Short all over again, just... all that sass. If you wish to be sent back in time to your 12-year-old self, then this is for you. 4/5.

Inkblood Cornelia Funke

Then, I read Inkblood by Cornelia Funke, the sequel to Inkheart. A year passes, and Meggie and Mo, two people who can bring people alive from books have gone on living their lives just fine. One night, their mysterious friend who warned them of the troubles coming from the books, disappears back into Inkheart world and leaves his friend Farid from another very well known story to wander around in this unfamiliar world. He seeks out Meggie to read him back into Inkheart to find his friend and then, they have a little adventure of their own, but what they don't know is the fact that old enemies are after them.
Again, I said it last week, but the whole idea of this trilogy is just wonderful; books and characters inside them. I didn't enjoy this sequel as much as the original book, but I loved the fact that Meggie had some independence in this book, but she still maintained her wits. The writing is amazing and there are plot twists like you can't even imagine. 4/5

Now, I am currently reading How To Be A Woman by Caitlin Moran on my mum's Kindle and it's a bloody fantastic book so far. It's hilarious and witty and just talks about all the topics that everyone's scared to discuss, i.e. sex, boobs, periods, that sort of thing. I have already said that I'm not into non-fiction, but this has sucked me in and I can already recommend it, no matter which sex you are.


And this is my last book update. I know that two books seem awfully little to read after two weeks of about ten or eleven, but I needed to relax a bit and catch up on the internet, watch all the TV-shows and can we talk about Doctor Who? Like, it was amazing. I think that this series has amazing potential and I really hope they won't waste it. Anyway, next week is the wrap-up blog post and I think it's going to be a long one. I shall see you soon!
xxx Katherine

28/25 books read for SBC 2014.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© what the water gave me, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena