Review | Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum



I have recently found myself in deep need of a new foundation. My Revlon Nearly Naked one has become a bit too orange for me and also, I have kind of been wanting to try something new for a little while now and after some intense research on the interwebs, this bad boy came up way too many times and I just needed to see what all the fuss is about, so here it is.

Although both the foundation and serum have good reviews, I have opted for the serum, just because apparently, if you're a breakout-proned person, the likelihood is that you'll get a breakout after using the foundation, so let's play it safe and use the serum.

Here are a few things you should know:
  • 15.99€
  • 30ml /1 oz. 
  • Light to medium coverage
  • Slightly scented
  • Semi-matte finish

As the name might suggest, the texture is quite serum/gel-like and that makes it really nice to blend into the skin. So far, I have been using both my fingertips and a kabuki brush to buff them into my skin and both of the finishes are really nice. There are no streaks visible from the brushes' fibres and the heat of the fingers makes it just melt into the skin, so it's great for when you don't have any tools with you. 

There's a slighty hint of some fruity scents inside it, but it's just divine. If you have sensitive skin, then this might not be up your street, but I don't, so I don't mind. But, basically, when it touches the skin, it's practically non-existent.

The coverage of this... is great. If you have basically perfect skin, you can just get away with using only this and nothing else, because it has slight yellow tint to it, so it battles the dark places of your face (the bags underneath your eyes, scars, all that jazz). Like I've mentioned, I've been using the Revlon Nearly Naked one and I couldn't wear it on its own, because it's too sheer, but this is just perfect, because it covers all spots and dark circles and you're good to go. 
I know for a fact that some foundations don't work with other concealers, but this one works amazingly well with my Revlon Colourstay Concealer in 02 Light. 

As for the finish, it is really semi-matte, but if you powder it down with a translucent powder, it can be completely matte. I am not usually a fan of sweaty-looking foundations, but this one gives it a bit of sheen and it makes the skin so very luminous looking and it makes me look alive, which is always nice. 


Now, I have to get to the two downsides to this foundation; the first one being the price tag. 16€ for freaking 30ml is a big amount of money and my eyes watered a bit when went to the check point, because now, this is the most expensive piece of makeup that I own. As good as this foundation is, I think that it's ridiculously overpriced for what it does. 
The second downside to this is the staying power. If you're on the oily side of things like I am, then you'll understand this problem. If you have PE or something on your schedule, you're going to have to reapply this, because it slips off your face the second there's the smallest amount of sweat on your skin. However, the solution to this always a primer and it makes things a lot better. 


As much as I hate the price of this thing and the staying power's a bit off, this will definitely be replacing my regular foundation in my routine, because it's just so much better than the Revlon one (also, A FREAKING PUMP!) and it just works better with my skin tone. I would definitely recommend this one if you're looking for a new foundation and willing to splash a bit of money on it. 
I hope you found this useful and I shall see you soon!
xxx Katherine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© what the water gave me, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena