Tag | 'Me Time'



When I saw the 'Me Time' tag pop up on my Twitter feed, invented by Estee and Amelia, I was pretty darn certain I'd be doing it some time in the near future, because as a sleep deprived, stressed and self-confessed workaholic, I have to take time out to myself veeeeeeeery often and... basically, I have a lot to say on the subject, so... roll the questions!


1. What do you watch or read during me-time?
If I watch something, it needs to be something that I don't need to focus too much attention on and that it still provides some entertainment, so usually something like How I Met Your Mother (although I haven't done that for a while),The Musketeers or something along those lines. However, if I'm going to read something, I need something that will grab my attention, so usually, I read some fantasy or adventure stories (currently reading Sabriel by Garth Nix and I definitely recommend it!).


2. What do you wear during me-time? #nobra
#nobra and probably my PJ's or sweatpants and a really cosy jumper.

3. What are your me-time beauty products?
I have to admit, I am not the biggest beauty regime "holder" (if that's what you call it) during me-time. Most of the time, I really just... relax and not think about it. However, if I am feeling reaaaaaally fancy, then I might give myself a little face treatment using the Dream Steam tablet by Lush. Basically, you melt it in a bowl of boiling water, put a towel over the back of your head, if that makes sense and stand over the bowl for five minutes. Basically, it unclogs all the pores, makes your skin feel really soft and removes all the blackheads and it's wonderful (and you can use the water for a week afterwards as a tonic, if you keep it in the fridge!).
A thing I like doing during me-time is having a revitalising shower and using something to kind of wake me up and give me more energy and for that, I'm currently using the zesty and absolutely gorgeous Lush Happy Hippy Shower Gel.



4. Current favourite nail polish?
Whenever autumn hits, I get the Revlon 046 Valentine nail polish out. Just... yes. It applies evenly, dries in under a minute, doesn't chip for good five to seven days and it's the most gorgeous deep red and perfect for this time of the year.



5. What do you eat/drink during me-time?
I tend to drink a helluva lot of tea (especially fruit tea, because I don't want all the black tea making me really hyped up and not at all relaxed) and I make myself a lot of cocoa, but as for eating... I make myself an avocado salad with tomatoes and mozzarella (when the season is right for avocados). Hell yes. Now I'm hungry. Crap.

6. Current favourite candle?
I am burning two of my favourite Yankee Candle tarts, one in Kitchen Spice and one in Home Sweet Home and they both smell... divine. I highly recommend them.

7. Do you ever have outdoor me-time?
Hell no. *wraps herself in duvet kingdom*

8.Would you ever go see a movie alone?
I would and I have. I went to see Captain America: The Winter Soldier a while back and it was genuinely really fun, because I could focus on the film and not telling all my friends off for hanging out on Facebook rather than watching all the sexy men on big screen. If you haven't done it, I highly recommend it because it's so fun. Plus, you don't have to share your popcorn.

9. Favourite online shop?
I don't shop online, I just tend to make my wishlists of all the crap I really don't need, so I usually sneak around the Sephora website, alongside with Dorothy Perkins and ASOS Curve.




10. Anything to add? What else do you do during me-time?
I have to agree with both Estee and Amelia's answer on this one, I think that reorganising clutter and all the mess in your room really benefits you, because afterwards... I feel so much better and you feel like you've done something and you haven't just... laid around in your bed doing absolutely nothing. Also, dance recess. Just... put on your jam and let it all out, sing your heart out, dance until your legs hurt. That's also quite therapeutic, especially after a hard day at school or work.


I hope you've enjoyed this new tag! I highly encourage you to do it, because it's super fun and I think it would be really fun if we just spoke more about pampering and relaxation, because we all need it sometimes. I shall see you soon with a new blog post and sneek peek, it's gonna be a new brand focus one!
xxx Katherine

1 comments:

  1. Love your responses! We both love lush!
    here are mine!
    http://creativityisthenewblack.blogspot.com/2014/11/loving-i-do-me-time-tag-i-am-little.html

    ReplyDelete

© what the water gave me, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena