Skincare and stuff

(Today's blog post is going to be a really quick one, because I have way too many things to do and I need to go to school today in about a few hours and I'm still not packed, so you can see my problem.)

I have wanted to do this post for a little while now, just because I think that being a beginner to skincare can very often be extremely terrifying, especially for a teenager. You enter "skincare routine" into YouTube and bam, you're faced with 20+ minutes long videos with a gazillion steps in between and usually not very budget friendly. What do I do then? Well... you are on your own, but I have come up with a routine that's quite budget friendly and also really effective, so everyone wins.

I have only three steps in my skincare routine, because I find that it works best if I don't apply too many products on my face, because sooner or later, I will get a breakout and I will have no idea what caused it.



(Also, I figured that it would be the only sane thing to do to tell you my skin type; I am a combinational girl with an oily T-zone, proned to spots and acne around the nose and chin area.)

So, as I said, my routine consists of three steps; I usually cleanse (to unclog pores and remove blackheads), use a toner (to keep blemishes at bay and refresh the skin) and moisturise (with two moisturisers, but I will get to that in a second).
The first product that I use is a cleanser (or more appropriately, cleansing gel) and it's the Eucerin Dermo Purifiyer Cleansing Gel. This is a really gentle cleansing gel for combinational, blemish proned and sensitive skin (because it doesn't have any exfoliating beads). I usually get my hands wet before applying it to my dry face, then I rub it all over the face (or just wherever I feel like it) and use a scrub pad (I got this from my drugstore for about 2€) to really scrub away the crap around and on my nose and everywhere else.
This stuff is... amazeballs. I've been using it since when I was about 12 and I swear to god, my skin is freaking perfect. I don't mind a spot or two, because I'm no supermodel, but this has kept everything at bay for the last 4 years of my life. It removes excess grease off my face and you only need a tiny bit, so this goes a long way and I will continue repurchasing this forever and ever and ever, amen. (Price: around 12€ for 200 ml, depending where you buy it).

My toner of choice is the Lush Tea Tree Water. Tea tree is really well known for having really good skincare properties and this is true. I usually spray this all over my face and if I have a really bad spot coming up, I will just go over it with pure tea tree oil (which you can get for about 1€ at the drugstore). This huge, 250 ml bottle is priced at around 9€ and I have had this... since about March or April and I am still not half way through with it, so, again, lasts a long time, worth the investment.

I usually use two moisturisers, because I have an oily T-zone, so there, I use the Balea Mattifying Moisturiser (2€) and because I can get dry patches around the eyes and on the cheeks, I usually used a more hydrating moisturiser, but currently, I'm on a hunt for a good one that's by chance cruelty free, so if you have any, then pop them below in the comments. Also, you don't need me to tell you how to use a moisturiser, do you?

One last tip for your skincare routine; I believe that keeping everything down to a minimum really helps with the condition of the skin and sometimes, it is worth it to invest in more expensive skincare (but the most expensive it gets with me is 12€), but throwing away all that money on serums and face masks and all that jazz? Nope. You don't need to.
If you have any more skincare tips, then pop them below in the comments and I shall see you soon!
xxx Katherine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© what the water gave me, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena