Christmas blogging no. 3 | The Reads and The Films

Generally, December is a bit of a crazy month (and crazy is an understatement). People rush around, doing gift shopping, having final tests at school, studying like crazy and it's a bit of a stressful month. However, when I need some time off (and this weekend I... actually got some), I usually go and read or watch something lovely and exciting and heart-warming, so this is my list of Christmas reads and films.




Let It Snow by John Green, Lauren Myracle and Maureen Johnson
I have bought this book sometime back in... June-ish and I have never received an uglier look from a shop assistant, but I don't regret it, because now when it's going to start snowing and it's gonna be chilly outside and warm inside and you'll be curled up on your bed with a cup of tea, a book full of winter romances is all you need and this is exactly it. I haven't read it yet, so I hope that it will not disappoint (but judging by the reviews, it didn't, so I have high hopes).

Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone and Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling
I'm including this for old times' sake, because I am pretty sure that everyone who's read this book could just feel so happy for Harry for escaping from his old life and getting a proper Christmas and getting proper friends and it's just the most perfect and ideal book to read for Christmas and bring out your inner child. Plus, the best excuse for reliving your childhood.

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
An imaginary wonderland, hidden in a wardrobe, at a time of eternal winter, full of fantastical mythological creatures, the most bad ass, likeable characters and children in their early teens defeating forces of evil? Hell yes. That is right up my street. Plus, again, reliving your childhood to the maximum. You can kind of see that is a reoccurring theme in my book list for this Christmas.
(and high five to me, out of all the C.S. Lewis books that I have... I didn't find the Lion, the Witch and the Warderobe. *self high-five*)

Found on epicdoctorwhofreak.tumblr.com
As for something to watch... well, here I cannot be very original, because me and my family see the same films every single year and we still love them to the maximum. Some of them are not really related to Christmas in any way, but they're always on and they remind us of the happy times and we just love them.
I always rewatch both the Bridget Jones films, Love Actually, The Sound Of Music (the first of many outsiders), Doctor Who, The Vicar of Dibley (screw that, anything with Dawn French in it!), The Boat That Rocked, some Harry Potter, in general, a lot of things.

Found on ohnotheydidn't.livejournal.com
Found on cookiesandsangria.com
Found on loliwobbles.tumblr.com

I hope this list has been helpful and that it has gotten you even more into the Christmas spirit (we're less than two weeks away, holy crap!) and I shall see you soon!
xxx Katherine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© what the water gave me, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena