Review | Nudes Eyeshadows by H&M



The other day, I casually strolled along into H&M, looking for some decent winter wardrobe items and on the check outs, I came across this little guy, and as a bit of a sucker for a nice eyeshadow palette, I picked up this beauty up and decided to give it a go.

Here's all you need to know:

  • 5 pan eyeshadow palette,
  • 3 matte shades, 2 shimmery shades
  • 4.99€
  • Three different colour schemes (one cool-toned for a classic black smokey eye, one like this for more of a warm toned look and one with a couple of brighter shades for more of a vivid look)
  • 7.5g of eyeshadow
  • Comes WITHOUT the crappy eyeshadow brush

So, first off, it's the size. This palette is quite generous when it comes to the amount of eyeshadow that you get. You get 7.5 grams, which is quite a lot if you compare it to something like my MUA Heaven and Earth palette, which has twelve shades inside and you get a mere 9.6 grams. If you are going to buy this palette, you're going to get a lot of use out of it and it's going to last a very long time. 

Forgive the lighting of this photo, I have no idea what happened to the sun.
Swiftly moving on to the actual eyeshadows; this is very much an every-day palette, because the shades are not as pigmented as some people would like. I don't wear really bright and popping eyeshadow, so I am not that bothered by the slightly crappier pigmentation. As you can notice on the swatches, the darker the shade gets, the more pigmentation it has to offer. If you still want to make them pop ever so slightly, a white base underneath should solve all your problems. 
A quality that I really like in them is their blendability (is that even a word?). They are not even slightly chalky, they're really buttery and blend like a dream (it may not look like it on the swatches, but I promise, it's just my inability to swatch products nicely). In the end, when you blend them together, they look like one piece of eyeshadow, they do not pick up any of the lines from the bristles and they're just fantastic in that aspect. 

For the actual use of the eyeshadows, these work brilliantly with a couple of looks: because they're not so pigmented, they don't take away the look from a bold lip, they make a nice base for when you're wearing eyeliner and just generally, for an everyday glamorous look. 

If you're the sort of person that doesn't like wearing really bold and bright eyeshadow, then I think that this one might not be your cup of tea, but if you're on the last minute hunt for a Christmas present or a stocking-filler and you're shopping for a person who doesn't like to wear a ton of makeup, but still likes a bit of shimmer, then this one might be a good one to purchase. For the price, you get a lot of product, they are all versatile and they're pretty good quality (if you don't think of the pigmentation). 

In my opinion, these are pretty good, but because I need a bit more of colour on an everyday basis, this set gets a 3.5/5, which might be a bit of a rough grade, but again, I like a bit more of pigmentation. 

Anyway, I'll be back tomorrow with the last post in the Christmas blogging series (holy crap, time has flown by!). Forgive the little lack of originality tomorrow, I do need a bit of a break from blogging over the holidays. I hope you have an amazing weekend and I shall see you soon! 
xxx Katherine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© what the water gave me, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena