Music | New Discoveries pt.3

Click here to see the first and second post on new music (if you need something new to listen to!) 

Boy & Bear
I feel like I'll be cheating with a lot of these artists, because I have heard of them via my Tumblr on indie music, and I have posted about them a few times, but I don't remember listening to their music. However, recently I was making a queue for it (because I can't post regularly on it), I accidentally pressed play on their song Fall At Your Feet... and it was the best mistake I've ever made. I am genuinely surprised how many good bands my lovely followers have sent to me, because this might as well be my current jam. The Australian 5-piece band is a strange mixture of Mumford & Sons, Angus and Julia Stone, Amy MacDonald, Of Monsters and Men, The Kooks, Ben Howard and a bit of melancholic 1960's-ish rock'n'roll thrown in for good measure, which somehow manages to sound majestically wonderful. Definitely recommend a listen!
Favourite songs: Fall At Your Feet, Rabbit Song, Bridges and Southern Sun


Found on coffeehousesessions.com

Fleet Foxes
Again, what would I do without my gorgeous followers on Tumblr. I really need to listen to them more often, because this band is also pure gold. Again, they kind of sound like a mixture of Mumford & Sons with a bit of Noah and The Whale (for the darker and slightly hauntingly beautiful lyrics). The music that this band produces is a gorgeous combination of wonderful vocals and harmonies that just sound like sunshine and happiness, incredibly catchy melodies that you can get out of your head for days afterwards, with lyrics that are hauntingly beautiful... definitely another one to check out.
Favourite songs: Mykonos, White Winter Hymnal, Helplessness Blues


Found on billions.com


Frank Turner
I will let you guess how I came by him, because there aren't a lot of possibilities... yes, Tumblr! He is one of those people that you've heard his stuff every-freaking-where, with an extremely familiar voice, but you couldn't quite put your finger on it as to who the hell is this guy? Well... he's an extremely talented man, for one thing. Sounding a bit like (yes, you've guessed it) Mumford & Sons, but on their happier days, with a rock'n'roll twang and a bit of Oasis and Blur thrown in for good measure. The lyrics are very straightforward, the melodies extremely joyful and basically make you dance around like crazy. Definitely recommend him! (Plus, extremely nice sight for the eyes... phew!)
Favourite songs: The Way I Tend To Be, Recovery, Oh Brother, If I Ever Stray, Losing Days, Thatcher Fucked The Kids, the whole lot.


Found on allstonpudding.com


Hot Hot Heat
...I won't even say where I got this one from, because you already know. This gorgeous band sounds an awful lot like an mid-00's indie-rock band who had the same sound like The Kooks, The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys (in their early, non-crap phase) and Franz Ferdinand who just didn't get as much recognition as they should have. That, I think, is the only description you really need, because I can't think of saying anything more. They're a lot more on the grungier side, but still, definitely worth a listen. We all need some guitar rifs and crazy drum action every now and again.
Favourite songs: Talk To Me Dance To Me, You Owe Me An IOU, Bandages, Let Me In


Found on hothotheat.com

Lianne La Havas
I have a feeling that this blog post should just be alternatively titled "a.k.a. all the artists that I have already known of and blogged about frequently, but never bothered to listen to their songs, because I'm an idiot". I have regularly posted about Lianne because she is one of the rare few female indie artists that I've come across and now, that I've actually bothered to listen to her, I've come to appreciate her further more. Her music is a very strange combination of indie, soul, jazz and a bit of r'n'b, which is... a very unusual combination, especially for me, because I do not like soul and r'n'b one bit, but she makes it sound... so beautiful. Think of it this way; Ingrid Michaelson, Amy Winehouse, Caro Emerald and Nina Simone had a baby... and this would be that baby. If you're on the lookout for female artists with beautifully heartbreaking songs about heartbreak (they might as well be poetry, because they're that wonderful), then she is the one to check out.
Favourite songs: Lost & Found, Gone, Is Your Love Big Enough, Age, Everything Everything


Found on thecoli.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© what the water gave me, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena