How To | Autumn blues

Here’s the thing; the autumn blues has sort of caught up with me.

I’ve started school a month ago now, and school has well and truly started in its full sense; I’ve already had the first test and more are coming up, I’m head over heels in practicing and a five-day schedule when yours truly is in school from eight in the morning and until nine in the evening is getting the better of me; the blues, the fatigue, the sleep deprivation, the feeling low, it’s all here. I've even had the wish to start writing letters to autumn, but I'm not feeling that philosophically low yet, so we're gonna wait for that a little longer. 

But still, I need to feel good again. Here’s how.

Found here.
The easiest way I know how to feel a bit better is to stick a bloody movie on my laptop and just watch it; that’s how you do it, don’t you? I could do a whole list of feel-good films, but let’s not, because that would totally waste your time and mine as well. To name a few of my favourites, we begin with The Boat That Rocked, which might be the ultimate feel good film with the most perfect soundtrack to jam out to. It's about a pirate rock and roll ship in the 1960's and all the shenanigans they got up to and the trouble with the law and other sorts of missfortunes. The same goes for 10 Things I Hate About You (still dreaming of one day having Heath Ledger sing Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You from beyond the grave – sob), just because yay for feminist values, Penelope (a modern day fairy tale with just about the most adorable story line) and A Room With A View for a more romantic classic. Because I’m that obvious. Yes.

Found here.
Music
A dance recess is probably the best thing to recommend (alongside a face mask on the face). There is probably nothing better on this planet than putting on the Rock Classics playlist on Spotify and just going absolutely bonkers. It’s probably the one and only reason why it’s worth getting Spotify (although there are other reasons also). There is just absolute gold on there, going from The Kinks (again, The Boat That Rocked vibes), AC/DC, The Rolling Stones and the best of all dance recess music, Queen. And don’t you dare say that you haven’t danced along to Bohemian Rhapsody. Don’t you even dare. (Perhaps not by Queen, but Panic! At The Disco will do as well. But not Kanye. Anything but Kanye.)

Found here.
Running
It may not sound like everyone’s cup of tea (hell, it doesn’t even sound like mine), but it’s ridiculous how amazing it feels after three or four hours of studying. Having a new roommate that has a routine of going out for a jog every evening after studying and having a new PE teacher that is probably not right in the head has been encouraging me to go out and do shit. After about 3 hours of studying and 3 hours of practicing, it just feels amazing; it clears your mind and it makes you tired (so, no staying up until midnight laughing at #TeamCarter and #TeamSHIELD Dubsmash wars. None of that). And there's also that extra factor of feeling like you're not exactly a lazy butt and that you actually did something, but that's a minor bonus. Nothing major... not really.  

...and lastly. Take a nap. Naps are wonderful. Naps are love. Naps are life. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© what the water gave me, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena